Deviled eggs + cheese + basil + tomatoes + balsamic = DELICIOUS! Add a little kick to the classic recipe to add a some variety to your Easter dinner menu. These eggs are only slightly more work than the regular recipe but the additions bring so much flavor! I would recommend making extra, as you’ll probably sneak a few before company comes over.
Caprese Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 servings
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs (I recommend using a BeepEgg or electric pressure cooker to hard boil eggs.)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, reserve some for garnish
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, for garnish
- Cut eggs in half and scoop yolks into a bowl. Add mayo, butter, mustard, chopped basil (excluding a little to use for garnish), and mozzarella cheese. Mix until smooth with a fork or hand mixer. Taste and season with salt/pepper as needed.
- Scoop egg mixture back into egg halves. You can also put mixture into a piping bag to make a pretty swirl, but I feel you lose too much egg mixture this way.
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into small strips. Place one strip on each egg. Top with a few pieces of reserved basil. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar just before serving.