http://www.carrotseedkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Chocolate-Dipped-Cherry-Cookies.jpg 2048 2048 Kirsten Gjesdal http://www.carrotseedkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CSK-Logo_300.png Kirsten Gjesdal2018-11-30 21:59:242018-11-30 21:59:24Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies - 2nd Place 2018
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Submitted by Darcy Kasdorf
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 tsp almond extract
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar. In a separate bowl, sift flour and salt together.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter sugar mixture. Add cherries and almond extract.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Roll cookies into balls.
- Bake about 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Frost with fudge frosting, below.
- 1 cup choc chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/4 powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir in milk.
- Whip in powdered sugar.
- Dip cookies into frosting and let dry.