http://www.carrotseedkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Fruit-Nut-Cookies.jpg 2048 2048 Kirsten Gjesdal http://www.carrotseedkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CSK-Logo_300.png Kirsten Gjesdal2018-11-30 21:54:472018-11-30 21:54:47Fruit & Nut Cookies
Fruit & Nut Cookies
Submitted by Terri Colgrove
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp whiskey (or vanilla or rum)
- 1 1/2 c coconut
- 1 1/2 c chopped, dried apricots
- 1 1/2 c chopped dates- you can substitute the apricots and dates for whatever dried combination you like. I even cut back the amounts of the two fruits, and add the remainder of another fruit. I really like apricots, dates, and dried cherries.
- 1 1/2 cut chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Whisk flour, soda, and salt together in small bowl
- In mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugars, mixing until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add whiskey.
- With mixer on slow, add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in fruit and nuts.
- Drop batter onto greased baking sheets, baking until golden brown, 10-13 minutes.