Oh boy are these fall treats tasty! The maple syrup adds a great rich touch to the cheesecake layer while the pumpkin is spiced to perfection. The bars would be the perfect snack for a crisp fall day or served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. We didn’t top these with pecans, but that certainly would be a nice finishing touch. The pumpkin base is like moist cake and rises pretty high, so plan to eat with a fork.
Maple Cheesecake Pumpkin Bars
Cheesecake topping ingredients:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Pumpkin cake ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350º. Mix together cheesecake topping ingredients until completely smooth and no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Stir pumpkin cake dry ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, mix together all wet pumpkin cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour wet pumpkin cake ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour pumpkin cake mixture into a 9×9 baking pan. I used a coated USA Pan so I didn’t need to grease the pan. If your pan does not have a non-stick coating, spray with oil or coat with butter.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture into pan, on top of the pumpkin cake mixture. Take a knife/spreader (plastic or wood is best to avoid scratching your pan) and swirl through the layers to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving, so the cheesecake layer can firm up.