Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 baby bok choy, or 1 large bok choy, thoroughly washed, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 large carrot, peeled, ends removed and spiralized into noodles. If your carrots aren’t big enough to spiralize thinly slice
- 8 oz mushrooms. I prefer baby portobello or crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 4-8 zucchini (around 2 lbs), spiralized into noodles – I find the medium size works best, but you could also do the fine or angel hair size
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp Ellbee’s Asian Zing Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons ginger, minced
- Whites of the green onions sliced below
- 1 ½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ½ Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon mirin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced. Separate the sliced greens from the whites. Use the whites in the aromatics above, reserve the greens for topping at the end
- Make sure all your veggies are prepped before starting the stir fry.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until cornstarch is dissolved. Add in sesame oil, mirin and brown sugar. Set aside
- Preheat a very large skillet (at least 15″) over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil into the pan along with the garlic, ginger, and whites of the green onions. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and the green onions have wilted.
- Increase heat to high. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add bok choy, bell pepper, and carrots. Stir fry for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the veggies are starting to soften.
- Transfer the stir fried veggies to a large serving bowl
- Place the stir fry pan back over high heat, and add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and stir fry just until the noodles are beginning to soften, around 5 minutes. Drain off the excess liquid.
- Add the veggie mixture to the noodles and toss completely to combine. Add the salt and sauce mixture, stir to coat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl, top with the greens portion of the sliced green onions, and serve.
- You can easily add a cooked protein (chicken, shredded pork, etc) if desired. Add the cooked protein in Step 4 with the mushrooms and other vegetables.